Through the generation of tools/standards that enable coordination across research projects and involvement in local to international research initiatives, ROSA staff are helping to align research efforts in the region.
Projects, such as the following, are aimed at enhancing integration of research and monitoring efforts:
- Outlining types of fisheries research data being collected, as well as gaps, through the Fisheries Resource Data Project.
- Generating the Offshore Wind Project Monitoring Framework and Guidelines, which summarizes the fundamental elements to include in offshore wind monitoring plans.
- Developing standards for data sharing.
- Designing a research framework that outlines research priorities and key research questions that need to be addressed.
- Collaborating closely with organizations, such as the Regional Wildlife Science Collaborative, whose missions overlap with that of ROSA’s.