What is a Cookie? A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers downloaded on to your computer when you access certain websites. In general, cookies allow a website to recognize a user’s computer. The most important thing to know about cookies placed by ROSA is that they make the Site a bit more user-friendly, for example, by remembering site preferences and language settings.
- keeping you signed in,
- keeping your preferences,
- to provide you with the service you chose to receive from us,
- understanding how you use the Site,
- to monitor and analyze the performance, operation, and effectiveness in order to improve the Site and the platform on which it is built,
- to understand and improve the impact of our marketing campaigns,
- for security needs and fraud-protection purposes and in order to identify and prevent cyber-attacks.
Cookies that are used by the Site should be divided into two types:
- “First-party Cookies”: Cookies that are placed by ROSA or the third-party that maintains the platform on which the Site is built.
- “Third-party Cookies”: Cookies that are placed and used by third-party companies which are partners of ROSA or the platform on which the Site is built.
It is important to note that the Site cannot access third-party cookies; nor can other third-party organizations access the data in the cookies we use on the Site. ROSA doesn’t allow third-parties to use the cookies for any purpose other than those described in the next sections.
Duration of Cookies. Depending on their function, cookies may have different durations. There are session cookies and persistent cookies:
- Session cookies only last for your online session, meaning that the browser deletes these cookies once you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies stay on your device after the browser has been closed and last for the period of time specified in the cookie.
Categories of Cookies. The cookies used on the Site fall into one of four categories:
- Essential cookies let you move around the website and use essential features like secure and private areas.
- Analytic cookies let us understand how you use the Site (e.g. which pages you visit), to provide statistics on how the Site is used, improve the website by identifying any errors, and performance issues.
- Functional cookies are cookies used to remember choices users make to improve their experience (e.g. language).
- Marketing cookies are used to collect information about the impact of our marketing campaigns performed in other websites on users and non-users.
Cookies on the Site. The Site is built on a third-party platform. If you want to have more information about cookies that are used on websites built using this platform, including our Site, click here.
Your Choices. You can change your cookie settings below:
- Essential Cookies: These cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and provide you with access to features such as your profile and purchases, member-only resources, and other areas on the website. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.
- Marketing, Analytics & Other Cookies: We recommend enabling these cookies to give you a more personalized experience. Our Site uses tools, such as cookies, to understand how you use services and to improve both your experience and our advertising relevance; you can change your Cookies Settings at any time via our policy.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and understand how to manage, delete and block them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. Alternately, it is also possible to stop your browser from accepting cookies altogether by changing your browser’s cookie settings. You can usually find these settings in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser.
Please note that deleting our cookies, disabling future cookies or tracking technologies may prevent you from accessing certain areas or features of our Services, or may otherwise adversely affect your user experience.
The following links may be helpful, or you can use the “Help” option in your browser.
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Microsoft Edge
- Cookie settings in Google Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari (OS X)
- Cookie settings in Safari (iOS)
To opt out from and prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics across all websites, check out the following instructions: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.