The Responsible Offshore Science Alliance (ROSA) is pleased to announce their upcoming coordination sessions entitled Offshore Wind Fisheries Monitoring Plan Development, Implementation, & Evolution, which will be independently held by sector.
Each sector-specific session offers a forum for individuals to collaborate, to gather information and document concerns and outstanding questions, to identify potential solutions, and to encourage collaboration. ROSA will provide a neutral space for these discussions, in part to characterize challenges and solutions, and to understand through what role the organization will best serve the community as it develops regional monitoring strategies. ROSA will distill the outcomes of these sessions into a report that will be used to update the Offshore Wind (OSW) Project Monitoring Framework & Guidelines and inform the new Strategic Plan for the organization.
The timing of the events is in the near future, as many facets of OSW fisheries science are at critical decision points, currently and in coming months. ROSA appreciates how full each sector representatives’ schedules are currently and hopes to support coordination and streamlining of processes through these sessions.
Virtual Sessions will be held from 12:30-2:30 pm ET, Monday 12/18/23, Tuesday, 12/19/23, and Wednesday 12/20/23 as follows:
- Offshore Wind Developers: Monday, December 18, Register Here
- State, Federal, and Regional Regulatory Entities: Tuesday, December 19, Register Here
- Science & Research Community (e.g., academia, private consultants, eNGOs): Wednesday, December 20, Register Here
In-person Sessions will be held:
- Commercial & Recreational Fishing Industries: Directly preceding 2024 NOAA Cooperative Research Summit, Date TBD
- Final All-Sector Session: To review the draft report summarizing the sessions and host an inclusive discussion, Summer 2024